The GSB Foundation supports talented and promising candidates who study for a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
Candidates for the GSB Foundation Scholarship must fulfil two broad criteria:
- Individuals who have have been accepted onto the MBA program at the UCT Graduate School of Business and offered a place in an upcoming class;
- Driven individuals with a passion for the African continent and its drive towards business, government and societal relevance and excellence.
Nomination and selection
- If you would like to become a GSB Foundation scholar, ask a member of the GSB Academic Selection Committee (the one who interviewed you for the MBA program) or a GSB Alumni to put you forward for consideration once your spot on the MBA program is confirmed.
- The nomination deadline is
- for Full-time MBA: 30th May to start the academic programme in August the same year.
- for Modular MBA: 30th September to start the academic programme in January/February the following year.
- In case you are shortlisted, we would like to get to know you. Shortlisted candidates will be asked for a written motivation and for an informal interview.
- The board of GSB Foundation will make the final decision on awarding the scholarship. The board meets regularly throughout the academic year.
- In support of the UCT Graduate School of Business’ transformation objectives, preference will be given to South African candidates from a previously disadvantaged background.