March 11 @ 6:30 am - 11:00 am| Free
- This event has passed.
The UCT GSB Athletics Club, in partnership with GSB Alumni Relations, invites all cycling enthusiasts, as cyclists from all over the globe descend onto Cape Town for the annual Cape Town Cycle Tour, to attend the UCT GSB Pre-Cape Town Cycle Tour event on Saturday, 11 March 2023.
Get your cycles and cycling gear ready, and join your fellow alums on a gentle ride before the Cape Town Cycle Tour. We will be taking in the vistas of the Atlantic seaboard, a complimentary brunch and coffee at the GSB and gain limited prime parking for the Cape Town Cycle tour itself on Sunday.
How will this work, you ask?
- Meet-and-greet: 6:30 am for 7:00 am on Saturday, 11 March 2023
- Venue: UCT GSB parking lot, in front of Reception
- Departure: 7:00 am sharp!
- The ride: We’re self-selecting into two groups for a gentle cruise to shake out any cobwebs. Subject to interest and numbers, expected distances are 20/25km and 35/40km.
- When you return: On completion of this warm-up, we will meet again at the GSB Courtyard at 9:00 am.
- Coffee and brunch: The GSB Alumni Office will host us on our return for a wholesome brunch and coffee and to wish you all good luck for the Tour on Sunday. You’ll then be free to go and register at the nearby Cape Town stadium for the tour itself (walking, or rather cycling, distance from the GSB).
- Free parking on tour day when you attend the Cape Town Cycle Tour, Sunday, 12 March 2023: There will be limited parking access available for those who will have registered and attended the GSB Pre-Cycle Tour event on the Saturday, the 11th of March 2023.
As this is a first-time event, please indicate your interest in attending on our sign-up form so we can plan accordingly: Sign-up and RSVP now
This cycling event is exclusive to UCT GSB alums, students and staff.